- Flowbit tracking! - This means that all flowbits are not enabled when a specific base ruleset is specified (security etc...) but rather all flowbits are now tracked, allowing for only those that are required to be enabled.
- Adjusted pulledpork.conf to account for new snort rules tarball naming and packing scheme, post Snort 2.8.6 release.
- Added option to specify all rule modification files in the master pulledpork.conf file - feature request 19.
- Added capability to specify base ruleset (see README.RULESETS) in master pulledpork.conf file.
- Handle preprocessor and sensitive-information rulesets
- 18 - non-rule lines containing the string sid:xxxx were being populated into the rule data structure, added an extra check to ensure that this does not occur
- Cleaned up href pointers, syntatical purposes only...
- Modified master config to allow for better readability on smaller console based systems
- Error output was not always returning full error
Be sure and go here to download the newest update!
Be sure and read my other two posts in order to make sure you are fully up to date with everything going on.
Over the past several years my job here at Cisco Talos has changed drastically. I took on new roles, which is awesome and exciting, but in ...
Without going off the deep-end here and discussing every single Snort rule keyword, I just wanted to touch on a few modifiers that people so...
Let me start off by saying I'm not bashing the writer of this article, and I'm trying not to be super critical. I don't want to...
1. I don't feel like I have much to say. I do a tremendous amount of writing and blogging on the Snort, ClamAV, and Talos blogs. So...