Think I am going to start posting a few OSX 10.4 mods in the ol' blog. Lots of people need em.
1. When you log in. First thing you should do... Spotlight the word "quartz"
2. Start "Quartz Debug"
3. Close the little popup window
4. Go to Tools -> Enable 2d Extreme
5. Say thank you to the next little popup.
6. Leave it running, go on about your life.
This enables the 2d Extreme graphic rendering tool (not just for graphics, but for everything, even your desktop programs...) Makes every program you start after you start the debugger much faster. No, I don't know why Apple doesn't have this on by default, I read this in an article. Google it. It's a good article. Basically 2d Extreme is the most overlooked tool there is. (Note: You must have the XCode tools installed for this trick to work. IMHO It's worth it.)
Tinkertool. Download it. Use it.
Cocktail. Download it. Use it.
Put the terminal on the dock. Its in Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
Download Firefox. Use it.
More to come later.
Over the past several years my job here at Cisco Talos has changed drastically. I took on new roles, which is awesome and exciting, but in ...
Without going off the deep-end here and discussing every single Snort rule keyword, I just wanted to touch on a few modifiers that people so...
Let me start off by saying I'm not bashing the writer of this article, and I'm trying not to be super critical. I don't want to...
1. I don't feel like I have much to say. I do a tremendous amount of writing and blogging on the Snort, ClamAV, and Talos blogs. So...