Sunday, December 2

/usr/ports update

I updated my port tree (and all the ports underneath it) using portupgrade tonight.  Then bash stopped working.
Crap.

Found this article, (click on title of blog entry to go to the website).   Good thing I did too.

"...After this I was able to start X and continue on with my work. Though this worked, the above is not the correct way to fix the “shared object ‘libintl.so.6′ not found” error. Reading /usr/ports/UPDATING revealed I needed to do:

portupgrade -rf gettext

The above is required if you upgraded to: gettext-0.16.1. /usr/ports/UPDATING shows:

20070318:
AFFECTS: users of devel/gettext (ie: YOU)
AUTHOR: ade@FreeBSD.org

As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.16.1, the shared library version
of libintl has changed, so you will need to rebuild all ports that
depend on gettext (ie: most of them, sorry):

portupgrade -rf gettext"

No comments: